Serbian government official calls for end to attacks on Kosovo Serbs

NEWS 19.11.2020 16:46
Share:
Source: Kancelarija za KiM

The head of the Serbian government’s Office for Kosovo Petar Petkovic said that the international community and the institutions responsible for the safety of the Serbs in Kosovo, primarily KFOR, had been warned that they have to do everything to stop the increasingly frequent attacks on Serbs.

“They are leading to a radicalization of the Albanian society in Kosovo and creating a situation in which the Serbs don’t feel safe in their communities,” he told a news conference.

Petkovic recalled recent attacks on Kosovo Serbs and a billboard with the insignia of the Albanian Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA), adding that the billboard was not a performance as claimed by Albanian-laguage media but “an open call for violence”.

He said that the peace has to be preserved and the popularization of crime ended along with the glorification of crimes by Albanians. Petkovic recalled Thursday’s police raid of Serb-owned pharmacies in Kosovska Mitrovica which he said was done to seize medication stocks.