A Serbian state TV (RTS) convoy allowed to cross into Kosovo on Wednesday after being held up at the Jarinje crossing for 25 hours, the RTS said on its web site.
The convoy was carrying equipment and technical staff to Kosovska Mitrovica where an anniversary concert of folk music is being prepared for the 95th anniversary of Radio Belgrade. The concert will be aired live on radio and TV Serbia.
The RTS portal said that the convoy was held up although all the paperwork had been filed with the Kosovo authorities. The convoy was stopped at Jarinje at around 03:00 on Tuesday and was allowed to cross on Thursday afternoon. No explanation was given for the delay. The RTS said that it had filed a protest with the Kosovo authorities.
Police spokesman Daut Hoxha told the KoSSev portal that the police did not ban the convoy from entering Kosovo while Customs Authority spokesman Adriatik Stavileci saod that the convoy did not fall under its jurisdiction but under the jurisdiction of the Foreign Ministry which issued the entry permit. “The problem was not with customs. The ministry issued the permit and now everything is all right,” he said.
The Serbian Journalists’ Assocation (UNS) and its Kosovo branch protested the refusal to allow the RTS convoy into Kosovo in what it said is an attempt to prevent the concert in Kosovska Mitrovica. The UNS statement said that preveniting the free movement of journalists and media crews is unacceptable.