A Belgrade misdemeanor court has annulled the sentences handed down to five protesters involved in the events at the Serbian state TV (RTS) on Saturday, the Beta news agency reported.
Judge Milan Marinovic said that the 30 day sentences were annulled and re-trials ordered but the defendants would be released pending trial.
He said they would be released during the night once the paperwork is completed. “The court registrar is sending the ruling to the jail and they will be released tonight,” the judge said.
The five young men were sentenced to 30 days in jail for their involvment in Saturday's protest when protesters and some opposition politicians burst into the RTS building and were later thrown out by the police.
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic said earlier in the day that he had no jurisdiction over misdemeanor courts and could not pardon the protesters but expressed the hope that they would be freed.