Emergency Service sappers have removed two artillery shells from from construction sites in the centre of the city of Kragujevac, the Beta news agency reported on Thursday.
The shells are believed to date from World War 2.
City Emergency Situations Service chief Zoran Kocovic said that one of the shells was found last week and the other on Wednesday, adding that they have been removed and will be destroyed.
He said his Service was called in to deal with the 100 mm shell. “The team removed the shell and transported it to a storage site before its’ scheduled destruction. This shell is identical to the one found a week ago at the same site,” Kocovic said.