Bosnia's Serb leader insists on reviewing Srebrenica report

Bosnia's Serb leader insists on reviewing Srebrenica report

Bosnia's Serb leader insists on reviewing Srebrenica report Izvor: N1

An objective approach and truth about the suffering of all victims in Srebrenica area during the period 1992-95 is the goal, President of the Republika Srpska (RS) entity, Bosnia’s Serb dominated part, Milorad Dodik, said ahead of the Tuesday session of the entity parliament.

The session is supposed to discuss a report on Srebrenica events from July 1995, which Dodik described as  “tendentiously created” and that everything was done under the pressure of the international community’s High Representative Paddy Ashdown, who was serving in Bosnia when the said document was adopted, in 2004.

“We have no intention to deny the killing and the crimes that had happened, but it is impossible to accept malversation,” RS president said.

Dodik initiated the RS National Assembly session the last month, demanding a discussion on the Information on the Report of the RS Government’s Commission on the Events in Srebrenica in July 1995. The report, adopted in 2004, contains among other information the lists of persons who were killed in that town in July 1995. The RS president then said the report should have been annulled a long time ago, to end the manipulation, which triggered severe reactions among Bosniaks.

“That is a fake report created to torture Serbs and change the nature of the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina”, Dodik added on Monday.

The RS president invited the former Commission members to the session as well as his coalition partners and opposition. The opposition rejected the invitation, assessing this as Dodik’s pre-election move. None of the five former Commission members will attend the special parliamentary session either.

Bosnian Serb forces overran the eastern Bosnian enclave of Srebrenica on July 11, 1995, rounding up the town’s Muslim Bosniaks, separating men from women and little children, and systematically executing some 8,000 men and boys.

Two international courts, the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) and the International Court of Justice (ICJ) ruled that this massacre was an act of genocide.

International and regional courts sentenced 45 persons for what had happened in Srebrenica to a total of more than 700 years in prison.

Comments (0)

Comment sent successfully.

Comment sending failed.

Invalid CAPTCHA

* All fields are required

MOST POPULAR

READ MORE

NEWS

NEWS

Serbia’s ruling SNS' MP suspends all party activities 11:42 h

11:42 h  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

Opposition leader: Half of Serbia's Government has false diplomas 10:48 h

10:48 h  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

Croatian Premier replaces six ministers in cabinet reshuffle 10:05 h

10:05 h  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

Brammertz to UN: Stop the genocide denial and glorification of war criminals 17.07.2019.

17.07.2019.  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

WB to support Serbia's economy and growth stabilisation 17.07.2019.

17.07.2019.  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

Partnership for Peace Serbia’s only cooperation with NATO, Def Min says 17.07.2019.

17.07.2019.  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

PM calls on working group to clarify remarks on Serbia’s Media Strategy 17.07.2019.

17.07.2019.  |  NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

PKS: Serbia’s best-earning companies reported 34 billion Euros income in 2018 17.07.2019.

17.07.2019.  |  NEWS

loader