Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic told Belgrade newspaper Blic on Wednesday that he hasn’t been given an acceptable solution for the Kosovo problem.
The daily says that Vucic did not want to comment reports that he had been handed a proposal drawn up by the United States and other influential Western countries. “I do not want to comment any of the proposals. My job is to talk, to try to find a solution but we have not received anything acceptable so far,” the Serbian president said.
Blic quotes an unnamed source in the top ranks of the government who said that the latest non-paper has no merit. “ The president certainly won’t respond to semi-solutions and semi-proposals. He is waiting to get any kind of reasonable offer worthy of attention, something which could serve as a basis for further talks. That has not come yet,” the newspaper quotes the source as saying.
Blic says that the latest proposal was drawn up by US assistant secretary of state Wess Mitchell, German diplomat Helga Schmidt and a British representative and was handed to the Serbian president just before his trip to Moscow.